Confirming Insurance Coverage
Prior to your appointment, we will ask you to provide some basic information using our patient portal. Providing information through the patient portal prior to your appointment helps avoid any potential delays in confirming insurance coverage*. Please be sure to have an updated insurance card when you arrive for your appointment.
- Co-payments for routine appointments will be collected prior to your appointment.
- Co-payments for surgery can be paid up to the day of your preoperative appointment for surgery.
- We accept all major credit cards, debit cards or checks.
- We accept exact cash payments only as we are not equipped to offer change.
Accepted Insurance Plans*
- Aetna fee-for-service (Commercial)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Aetna shared savings
- CareFirst shared savings
- CareFirst Medicare Advantage
- CareFirst Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- Johns Hopkins Advantage MD (Medicare Advantage plan)
- Johns Hopkins Employee Health Plan
- Johns Hopkins Priority Partners (Medicaid plan)
- Johns Hopkins USFHP (Tricare Partner)
- Medicare ( Maryland, D.C, Virginia)
- Tricare (Out of network- additional costs may apply)
- United Healthcare (Commercial)
- United Healthcare (VA Community Care Network for Military Veterans)
*As insurance coverage changes, we request you provide insurance information through the patient portal prior to your appointment to allow confirmation of insurance coverage prior to your appointment.
Accepted Refractive Surgery Plans/ financing